Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wollmeise has arrived!

There are just so many words to describe this fiber. I have been a woman on a mission and now that I finally have a skein, you know I want more. I would take a picture, but I can't put it down to take a picture, it's still to new. The color is a gorgeous teal and I do see it as a shawl, as it is a very generous 500+ yards.

While Bryce was meeting with his tutor at the library, I was getting the skinny on Ravelry about obtaining "grab bags" of this fabulous fiber. You basically have to be on German time when the site is updated and basically, POUNCE on it. This might be tricky since we basically have the equivalent of dial-up for Internet. I must brainstorm this one and figure out a master plan of attack!

The Old Aunt Maiden is something that I will definately want more of. My friend Lynne showed my some yarn tonight on the internet that was so beautiful, they will only give you the prices once you place your order. That is going to be on serious ass bill at the end....better start harvesting some organs. The website was really beautifully done and did a fantastic job of sucking you in....smart people. I am not there yet!!

WIP's are going well. My sweater is coming along nicely. I am getting ready to cast on for another and socks are still on hold for the moment. Picture of new yarn tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment