Monday, July 11, 2011

Old Aunt Maiden has arrived...

The postman made my day!! The Old Aunt Maiden yarn has arrived and she was definitely worth waiting for. She is more gray than I had thought, but when I looked in better light, there are lovely hints of blue and it is so soft and wonderful, I am so happy that I was determined to find it.

I bought this cute storage type box the other day and I thought I could store all my "yarn" in it.....my SOCK yarn only apparently and I'm not sure that all of it is in there. Only recently have I started to stash larger quantities of yarn for sweaters. I have yarn for approximately 2 sweaters and a vest and I was feeling guilty until I saw pictures of other people's yarn rooms and my stash is completely under control. I do have enough sock yarn to sink a ship, but you can do lots of things with sock yarn besides socks...so no guilt.

I really have to stay off Ravelry....that DESTASH page is killing me. It just keeps calling me with all this beautiful yarn and I admit that I am weak! After I placed all the sock yarn in its' place and have more coming...destash page again....my shoulder had better be feeling better soon. I did get a chance to see what a lovely and diverse collection I have.

I will put a picture up of the Old Aunt Maiden next chance I get! I'm off to the needles!

No comments:

Post a Comment