Saturday, July 9, 2011

A good thing and gauge!

I have been knitting up a storm and my shoulder is now in agony. I admit, I over did it! My sweater is at the 1/2 way mark and I achieved gauge on another sweater that I want to start soon. My friends at the shop are laughing because I said, "no more garments" after my first sweater and then began my manic sock knitting, which got derailed because of the shoulder, enter garments and bigger needles. I will take a day or two off and see if the situation calms down, but I think I should resume the physical therapy that was really helping.

I have been wanting to get my hands on some yarn that seems to be heaven to work with, but difficult to obtain. I love a challenge! First, I lurked in stashes on Ravelry and found a lovely Teal. It was still available and I got it. It is from Germany and it is called Wollemeise 80/20. I think this yarn has my moms name on it. Also, a fellow knitter from our LYS is heading to Germany...what luck...and she will be on the lookout for me.

Well, tomorrow is my birthday and it's one of those birthdays that ends in a 5, I'm OK with it! Although, with the cranky shoulder, I kinda feel it for the moment. Looking forward to spending the day with my boys!!!

Details to follow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment