Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Shake, rattle and roll....

Yesterday was a beautiful day weather wise. Blue skies, no humidity, and a slight nip in the air, just picture perfect. I was working in Leonardtown and my mom was alone at our home. I had a somewhat busy morning and had finally sat down to have a quick sandwich and then it started...rumbling and shaking and the noise really did sound like a freight train coming through. I watched the shop mirror move completely. When it was over, I, like everyone else, emerged from shops and we all had the same...WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT look on our faces. I must admit, it took quite a while for my internal system to stop shaking. The cellular systems were overloaded and I couldn't call my mother. She was fine, thankfully. She and Fresca headed to the 1/2 bath. She said all our lighting fixtures were swinging away. Scary stuff!!!!

Now, we are bracing for a hurricane. That we can prepare for. My brother and niece are scheduled to fly into BWI on Saturday....I am not so sure that this will happen.

Knitting and enjoying mom's company.

No comments:

Post a Comment