Friday, August 26, 2011

A wild ride....

It's been an interesting week to say the least and headed our way is hurricane IRENE...category 2...not good. We are prepared, we are after all, New Englanders!! But a serious storm that takes place mostly at night gives me the creeps. Kyle bought a generator, so all is good in that area I suppose. Let's hope that mother nature is gentle, despite what the weather people say.

I had my end of August/summer vacation meltdown in front of my mother...Oh joy!! The storm has cancelled my brothers planned visit and mom is headed home on Wednesday.

We did meet Bryce's new teacher today and we liked her very much. Bottoms up to a great school year. I am praying for school on Monday!!!

Knitting has been on hold due to storm preparations and Kyle's birthday, which was today. I hope to go to the shop tomorrow for a couple of hours before the winds come and blow us all away.

I am also hoping to finish this shawlette by Wednesday...cross your fingers for me!

To all my Maryland and Virginia friends, stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment