Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Observation....

I worked today at the shop from 10-9, and yes, I am exhausted. But while I was there assisting some gentlemen with their purchases for the knitter in their lives, I noticed a common mood amongst the men, like they were there because it was on their knitters list, but they seemed a little put out by this.

Upon reflection, there were maybe 6 men in today and really only 2 had a sour puss on for a face. My particular favorite for a hubby and his wife. She went merrily about getting some yarn and needles and a little of this and that and she kept directing her husband to the beautiful yarn bowls we have and he sat there and made a very familiar face, a face I see my husband make countless times. Men, this doesn't get any easier for you, she's there, she's picking it out and it's on her list...get your head out of your ass and make the knitter in your life happy. I promise it will not hurt you!! The others I just acknowledged  how sweet it was of them to care about their knitters wish list.

I struggle with the same thing with my husband, which is why I bought a ball winder and swift, brought it home and said, "this is what I really, really want, now go wrap it", and there was still a face....??

Words of wisdom for you non-knitters, it is in your best interest to keep us happy because we have the power to make your life miserable. We don't want to do it, but it may be necessary.

On a different note, the shawl is growing bigger and it must be done and blocked tomorrow. Also, I have a sick cherub and this was the EXACT same time as last year...fun, fun.

Cookies....doughs are made and the cooking making will take place tomorrow. Hope my little guys is up to it.

If I didn't have the sick child I think I might have a cup of coffee and do a knitting marathon...oh well, off to bed I go.

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment