Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Yarn lost, yarn found....

I was running around today like a chicken with her head cut off and I printed off some fantastic shawl patterns that I purchased on Ravelry and then I was headed to gaze at my stash, when I got distracted....yeah, I know, big surprise. My stash searched ended and the making of dinner started.

I picked up Bryce from school and we headed to our appointment and then home. After dinner and homework I headed upstairs for my favorite part of the day, the putting on of the jammies! I went into our bathroom and began to wash my face and there it was....the skein of yarn I must have gotten close enough to, to actually grab and apparently, leave on my vanity! Let me just say in my defense, that I have yarn stashed in various places in this house. There is a 2nd level stash, this takes place in multiple rooms and the 1st floor stash that also takes place in multiple rooms and bags! Plus it is fun kind of rediscovering it all over again.  :-)

My lacey cowl is done. Needs a little steam and a little pinning and it will be ready to wear.

I must also confess, that I wore Multnomah 2 today and I loved it. It's supposed to be a Christmas gift for my mother in law, but I am not sure she is going to get it after all....!

One a funny note, while in my school meeting this morning, I was asked where I was from? I replied, Massachusetts and one lovely lady said it was just like listening to the Kennedy's talk. I thought it was pretty funny.

2 comments:

  1. The cowl is lovely - can't wait to see it once it's been steamed! And you looked darling with the Multnomah around your neck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha to the accent!!...

    ReplyDelete