Friday, October 21, 2011

In the mail....what's next??

I was at the Post Office bright and early sending my mother's birthday gift out. I was a good girl and didn't even try it on...for fear that I would love it on me and want to keep it. It went from being blocked to being shipped. If you are gifting any knitting this holiday season, I feel that this is the best approach to letting it go...  :-p

My next project is a shawl that I have been lusting over for about a year. I even have the EXACT yarn it was knitted and photographed in, see....
This is Ishbel by Ysolda S. Teague and all of her fabulous designs can be found on Ravelry or on her website www.ysolda.com. I think that many of you will enjoy her work. The yarn is Old Maiden Aunt Alpaca/Merino...it's from Scotland and the colorway is called Moody...I just adore it!!!!

I also just cast on a hat for the hubby. Gotta keep him from complaining about the "stash" enhancements that are going on around him. I am doing the Turn a Square pattern by Jared Flood, also a free pattern on Ravelry. I suspect he no longer reads my blog, so I think that I am going to try and get a pair of socks done for him for Christmas....fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like another beautiful shawl...and this one is for you!!
    You do beautiful work...hugs...

    ReplyDelete