Saturday, October 15, 2011

Wollmeise...., Yes Please!

A couple of my friends who knit are now lurking the stashes of fellow Ravelers, searching for the elusive Wollmeise. What is Wollmeise you ask? Well. it is a beyond fantastic German yarn and it is difficult to get. The colorways are just to dye for.... get it....to dye for and the yardage is a generous 512 yards. The possibilities for this yarn are endless. I have 6 skeins and I take them out and love them a little and sometimes they even go on a car ride to the shop, where I always think, today might be the day I wind this....but that has yet to happen. I kinda love it in its hank for...you could actually beat off a mugger with it.
Isn't is beautiful. So, now that my friends are looking to procure some of this fabulous fiber, I would love to add to my stash without my hubby freaking out. Because, you can never have enough Wollmeise!

Mine will be taking a car ride again today and I will again contemplate using it.

Have a wonderful weekend to all!

2 comments:

  1. There has to be a word to describe what this yarn feeling is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the Wollmeise - we see it but we don't see it wound! Sounds like great yardage for a - wait for it - SHAWLETTE - in LACE!!!

    ReplyDelete