Saturday, December 17, 2011

Late start.....

Yikes, I slept until 10:30 am this morning and frankly, I felt like I could have slept all day. Burning the candle at both ends is catching up to me. Christmas duties are not helping. Being Santa's helper is exhausting.
This is one of my holiday needlepoint decorations I have made. I love snowmen, they can be out all winter.

My holiday knitting has turned into knitting for the New Year. Other than the shawlette that I am really trying to finish, there isn't an immediate rush for anything to be finished.

Now comes my favorite part of Christmas, the baking! I have my cook books out and I am looking to add to my repertoire. I always do the traditional sugar cookie cutouts and I have a beautiful collection of cookie cutters. The decorating is so much fun and now that Bryce helps, the memories are even better. My cookie decorating supplies are crazy and fabulous and I love all my stuff. Sanding sugars, gel colors to color the royal icing, powdered colors to color the sanding sugar....let's just say it's involved and I wouldn't have it any other way.

3 comments: