Thursday, December 22, 2011

So worth it....

Today was a day spent with sugar, butter and flour and yarn and these are just some of my favorite things! Today did not go as planned due to various degrees of distractions. First there is the sick child and then there are the cookies that had to be baked and the special knitting project that HAD TO BE DONE AND BLOCKED TONIGHT!

I was panicked, panicking and practically sweating while finishing. I was successful. However, I do not recommend deadline knitting, it is terribly stressful and then it is no longer fun, especially when you start swearing at it and calling it bad names and basically start praying that during the night the knitting fairy will come and finish it for you....this did not happen.

But now, as I look at it on the blocking board, it was so worth it. It is beautiful in its' simplicity and the recipient is going to love it. I can't wait to give it to her tomorrow.

I thought a picture of it would be lovely, but that would mean that I have to climb on a stool to get a good shot of it and I am so tired, that the risk of me falling was too great. I think a picture of my dear friend wearing it would be more appropriate and more beautiful.

So, I have my sugar cookies done, snickerdoodles done, biscottti for tomorrow done and not a gift wrapped....details. The knitted gift was really the priority, now I can breathe again....

1 comment:

  1. The gift was lovely and looked gorgeous on Angie! And the biscotti were truly divine - thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete