Friday, December 23, 2011

Is it Christmas yet....??

The gift shawl was a really big hit!! I think I was so excited, the kind of excited that kids feel on Christmas morning. So excited that I forgot the camera in the car. I'll make sure I get an action shot. She looked so beautiful in it...brought me such joy to give it to her.

My day started with a rare treat, I had a manicure, a once a year treat. Then I spent a lovely afternoon at the shop enjoying the company of my friends, making a really quick, impressive and totally impulsive gift for my mom and enjoying some fabulous food. Until my phone rang and my son was on the other end..."when are you coming home so we can decorate the cookies"?...and home I went and decorating was done and now we are all relaxing and I could really go to bed but I just remembered that I haven't wrapped one darn gift. So you know what I will be doing as soon as they head upstairs. Start wrapping like a woman possessed. First I need to remember where I have hidden everything  :-p  I am sadly serious.

I am working tomorrow at the shop from 10-1 and then maybe a quick trip to the grocery store for a few things. I think I should make a list so I don't forget anything.

The friend who was gifted with the shawl invited me and my family to her house for Christmas dinner. I was so touched as was my husband. Having no immediate family in the area always makes our holidays a little different and a bit lonely. So this is a very special invite for us and we are so looking forward spending the holiday with such special people.

Ok, I have to get cracking....!!

No comments:

Post a Comment