Saturday, January 14, 2012

Yarn Diet....Stash Knitting....

I have decided that I have plenty of yarn...plenty. Several sweater quantities of yarn, and so much sock yarn that I could knit socks and shawls for the rest of 2012, so I have put myself on a yarn diet until May, when the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival takes place and then all bets are off.

This will give me time to knit some of what I have and enjoy it. Because really, how much do we really need. Sheep are still producing their beautiful fleece and the yarn isn't going anywhere. So, I will be knitting from my stash and enjoying what I have.

So, my future knitting will include a sweater I have been drooling over for about a year. A new pair of socks, a scarf and many shawls.

I have decided what to do with my decadent 1 ply cashmere, I am going to weave a scarf. I see a new skill developing. I also want to learn to spin, because that looks like a ton of fun too! My husband is just shaking his head, I am not sure why, neither involve him. I think he's just jealous because I am always doing something and his hobbies are all outdoor related.
This is the cashmere. Isn't is beautiful!

I am off to knit for a bit!

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

  1. I made the same promise - it lasted 3 days! Finally bought the Pashmina in Glazed Pecan - enough for a sweater. I am so weak!

    ReplyDelete