Monday, January 9, 2012

Animals.....

Happy Monday!

On my way home from the grocery store, I pass quite a few Amish farms, and I can't help but notice how sad their animals look. I am just a big softy when it comes to animals and when I see sad, abused and underfed animals, well, it just totally gets my ass out. The animals work hard for these people and I really think they see them ONLY as laborers in their life. I actually pulled over today because a big beautiful Clydesdale was standing there, just standing there with the most sad look in his eyes. There was no swishing of the tail, nothing. One was even on it's side on the ground. I tried to get it to come over to see me for some lovings, but he just wouldn't move. I must be honest, I really wanted to open the gates and set them all free...the horses, the cows, everything. The rational side, yes, I have one, said, there really isn't anything you can do about this. I just felt so bad for the animals....

My mother enjoyed telling my son about all the stray animals I brought home in my younger years and how my brother brought home every injured bird he could find. She also shared how I said I had won a kitten at my softball game...yes, I lied, but it was so darn cute! Thanks mom, I am sure that will come back to bite me with my son!

I have had a bit of startitis myself. I thought about casting on for a sweater and some socks, but I am really trying to stay on task and finish another "due date" item...it's close to done. It's an eternity scarf and the pattern is darling.
My camera seems to be taking pretty crappy pictures at the moment. I am sure that my son has messed with it somehow and I am sure that I do not know how to fix it. It is, however, sucessful knitting...YEAH!

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment