Friday, January 27, 2012

Slightly off kilter.....

You know that feeling you get when you anticipate a new project, giggly and warm all over, and then you over think it and suddenly, nothing feels right. I almost talked myself out of using my Wollmeise, almost. For the entire day, our Internet connection wasn't working, so I couldn't get on Ravelry and that's when and why things got a little screwy and self doubt raised it's ugly head.

Fortunately, after a great dinner out, I came home to find that our connection was back and I went rushing to the computer and got right onto Ravelry to check out some facts. I am okay!!! I am still using the Wollmeise....purple I think...almost wound it today....but I didn't. Tomorrow might be the winding day.

The hat is finished and my brother in law is going to get a great surprise. I started another during the "no Internet" phase of my day to wave off the waves of nausea I was feeling about the other project.

Tomorrow I am spending most of my day with some friends and I will learn how to weave. Once I am comfortable, I will weave myself a scarf with the gorgeous cashmere Kyle bought me for Christmas.

I am off to work on a sock for a bit....

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

  1. Is it MY sock?? My toes are twinkling just thinking about it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the weaving was fun! I haven't gotten into that, but with all the sock yarn I have, I should. It'd be a quick way to use some up. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete