Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hmmmm....a new sweater for Fall....??

I specifically remember saying, "no more garments, other than socks and scarfs", and yet,  here I sit with a pattern I love and yarn that I really love..Dream in Color Classy....a lovely blue tonal. So how did that happen you ask, well, the answer is....I just don't know. Sometimes having the internet and friends who enable us are a dangerous combination.

I printed off the directions for the sweater and I started to sweat! Fortunately, it's 95 degrees here, so masking my panic was rather easy. After a slight panic attack, I sat down and really read through the directions and started to swatch to get GAUGE! Oh, elusive gauge, how you torture me!! A quick trip to LYS and chat with my experienced knitter friends left me feeling like I can do this. I will cast on later today.

Socks are still my most portable project and I am knitting a pair for the hubby in fabulous Jitterbug.

School is thankfully winding down and just as soon as it does, we will be headed East for a family vacation.

I see a yarn crawl in my future...  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment