Monday, May 2, 2011

Are they Yarn Worthy????

You may not understand what I mean when I say this, but if you are looking to make something beautiful for someone, please stop and ask yourself...are they worthy? I have heard horror stories at my knitting group of beautiful knitted garments gifted to those who thought the floor was a great place for it to end up or WORSE, they washed it in the washing machine and now it will fit their Barbie Doll. I just couldn't do that to my beautiful yarn!

I decided to put a list together of people for whom I would knit for. It's very short and my hubby and child did not make the cut! Sad, but true. My mom is totally yarn worthy and so is my godmother and my hubby's aunt, and that's pretty much it.

My son is begging for a pair of socks....maybe for Christmas....I see the dog with one of son's socks in her mouth all the time. Do I really want it to be a hand knitted one??? Uh, NO!

Anyway, that is my definition of yarn worthy. Someone who will love it as much as the person who made it!
I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment