Friday, May 13, 2011

A new obssession......Shawls!

It seems that I have been obsessed with all things knitted this week. I must still be on the high from the Sheep and Wool Festival. That really was a great time and it has been fun looking at everyone's stashes, especially on Ravelry. Some people really hit the mother load. One of the things that also "kinda happened" at the festival, was that I became aware of lots of woman wearing beautiful shawls that they made..of course. And I am not taking about your grandmother's shawl, I mean delicate beauties casually draped around their necks and guess what, now I want to make one or two. My friend Karen suggested the PERFECT pattern and I have the perfect wool/silk yarn for the job...enter a new challenge...reading and following a CHART. This should be interesting.

I am still working on socks and I am casting on for my 3rd pair which will have some sort of new pattern and the scarf is still a WIP as are all my household chores. But is there really anyone keeping track, I think not!

No comments:

Post a Comment