Sunday, November 20, 2011

Tink, Tink. Tink....

I was working on my friends birthday gift last night and I thought all was going well until I came to a spot and there was that familiar nagging feeling, "this isn't right", which of course, I ignored. Yep, one lone stitch remained....checked my knitting, all seemed right with the world, but I tinked back to the beginning of the row and it came out OK after that, the next row, again, one odd stitch, now I am annoyed, but I keep going and nope, something is wrong. Did I forget to mention that I was knitting LACE and you just can't mess it up or it looks like crap.

Hubby was sitting with me on the couch and he heard my rather loud SIGH and asked what was wrong. I proceeded to tell him and then he got that glazed look that told me he didn't really need all the information I was giving him. So, I put down and walked away for a bit. Gave us a little break from each other.

After a snack and some thought, I carefully tinked back 3 rows until I got the my stitch count back to where it needed to be. I guess knitting lace while watching a movie with Bryce and getting up every 5 minutes to do something really don't mix. I will keep that knitting for when nobody is home.

I have to get ready for work!

Have a great day and happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment