Thursday, September 1, 2011

Eighteen....

No, not my age, or the number of years I have been knitting, but the number of stitches in my lace pattern repeat. I felt a bit daft because when I spoke to people about the "situation", that number kept coming up in conversation and I nodded like I knew what they were talking about...you know, bobble head like.

Last night at knitting group, as I ripped out the repeat and a half of my feather and fan, I was told to put stitch markers every eighteen stitches...that number again. I will admit that my mind was saying, I can count, what is the big deal. Well, with all the distractions in my life, I guess counting is an issue. My mind was tired last night and I decided to deal with it today. So, once my son was on the school bus and breakfast was done, I sat right down to knit. I did as I was told, every 18 sts., put a marker. I am proud to report that I have successfully completed 2 Feather and Fan repeats and it looks wonderful.

I also apparently under estimated the power of stitch markers. My bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment