Monday, February 6, 2012

Rewind back to Friday.....

On Friday I headed off to Virginia with friends to the Crazy for Ewe 2012 knitting retreat. I had had a rather rough go of it earlier in the week with sore throat and such, but on Friday, I thought I had turned the corner. I thought wrong, very, very, wrong!

We arrived at the hotel and we hung out and then we went to dinner at a lovely Bistro. There were lots of laughs and wonderful food and good times were had. The next morning was when the corner turned in the wrong direction for me. My stomach had been feeling ugly all though the night and then I woke to the worst sinus pain I have felt in sometime. I tried really hard to put on the "happy" face, but nobody was fooled. I looked as awful as I felt. After a couple of hours, back to bed I went. Being sick in a hotel has its perks. No dogs to walk, no kids bothering you and the best things was my girlfriends!! Men will leave you to die...how do I know this...out of sight, out of mind. Girlfriends on the other hand, will take really good care of you. They will get you more blankets, make you some tea, and bring you nourishment, all with a smile and love. I owe my girlfriends everything for taking such wonderful care of me.

I did manage some really sick knitting and screwed things up accordingly.

I thought that I would have some wonderful pictures of the weekend to share, but I don't.

I am off to bed.

Happy Knitting!

Despite it all, I had a wonderful weekend with my girlfriends.

1 comment: