Saturday, March 10, 2012

Been busy.....

I have been very busy in a different fibery way. I have been exploring the world of hand dyeing your own yarn. It has interested me for awhile and some of my fiber friends were kind to donate some naked yarn for me to play with.

And play with it I did. The first one I dyed the entire skein with different food color gels that I use when I make my Christmas cookies. It came out pretty neat. The second skein I broke up to 3 skeins and dyed them in Cool Aid...this too was fun.

Hubby and I were talking and if I wanted to take this to the next level....Acid Dyes....I needed to get alternate supplies. I love my All Clad pans, but putting acid dye into them was not how I wanted to see them used. So off to the flea market we went with my list of needs. Some we got, some we didn't. Before we left, I had the forethought to soak a skein so it would be ready when I got home.

I grabbed my lobster pot and went to work on some beautiful naked yarn. I used the stove top method with the acid dye and I am in LOVE. The color is gorgeous and this method is my favorite.

The next step is hand painting the yarn. I can hardly wait. This will be a during the week event when I have the house to myself.

The laptop is working, but Google is a hot ass mess. They are chaning their format for the blogs and it is making everything a pain. I have a ton of pictures, but if I ask my hubbymone more computer related question, I think he might loose his mind. Poor guy has been working on it for days....

So, that's what I have been busy doing.

Happy Knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment